- <<<AND WHEN WE ARE WRONG>>>

<<<AND WHEN WE ARE WRONG>>>

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Dallas » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Robert wrote:What great insights....to read tim-one,and jim w.shows me RECOVERY DOES HAPPEN,along w/the others.To see first hand ,in black and white healthy thinking is VERY encouraging.My mind at times has a mind of it's own and my perceptions of me and the world around me can seem real,feel real,but in reality my PERCEPTIONS are not reality based,i may be buying in to some old belief system and at the moment NOT SEE IT AS "OLD IDEAS" as HOW IT WORKS puts it.

Yep! Recovery does happen... when we take the initiative, apply the effort and take continuous constructive action to MAKE IT HAPPEN! :wink:

I share the experiences that Robert wrote about above. And, because of the insight and participation of you guys and girls here in the forum... this site is my favorite place for keeping me on the path of healthy thinking!

Tim-One wrote:Our journey is short. It only takes 24 hours. Then we get a new journey on the same road. I hope I never get to the end. That would mean God is finished with me.

For me... it's shorter than that! The distance is the inches between my head and my heart... and the speed of thought is faster than the speed of light! My journey in life is one heart-beat and one-thought at a time! And, as long as I stay in this moment of understanding... I can experience the awareness of practicing a conscious presence of God, as I understand God. And, as long as I do that -- I'm with the Alpha and Omega... where there is no beginning and there is no end. I in Him and He in Me -- and In Him I live and walk and have my being... Therefore, I and Him and the Journey are One. :wink:

Jim W. mentioned, the key above: Integrity. Integrity is acting, doing and being at one with the truth of "what is" -- To do this -- my head and my heart and my actions -- need to line-up in the same place -- at the same time -- honestly, within myself and with others -- just as if God is really present with me -- even during the times that I don't think He is around and that truth is not important.

Integrity is like a sledge-hammer on the Ego. It keeps it flat and straight to it's Higher Purpose.

Tim-One wrote:"In the counsel of many is wisdom."

That is SO true!!!

Unfortunately, it is also true... that at times... "the counsel" of the "many" ... is far from Wisdom -- because "the many" are not consciously seeking the Presence and Giver of True Wisdom. And, for this reason, I believe that it's important for me to make effort and take actions to improve my conscious contact with God, as I understand Him, asking for the knowledge of His will for me, the power to carry it out... and the Wisdom to know the difference.

If I seek and act -- with Honesty and Integrity -- being "At One" with "What is"... I'll be standing on the safety of Higher Ground.

Will I make mistakes? Of course, I will. I am blessed to be an imperfect person! :lol: And, my "mistakes" will simply be lessons to be learned during the search of Wisdom!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:27 am

ok today is a brand new day--GOD please help me stay sober,do the right things,help someones life to be a little more enjoyable. THANK YOU
ROBERT

Postby tim-one » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:38 am

Geez, you guys ... Good stuff. Thanks for the wise counsel. I'll chew and swallow THIS kinda yummy. No sugar added.

Yep. We say that around here. "Fake it till you make it. Move it the 18" from here to here" (or however short your neck is - head to heart).

"I practice, practice, practice still
To heal my heart without a pill
Till inside is as outside does
Till monster is as Jesus was"

I don't think I need forgiveness for a thought. It's the NEXT thought that's important. Eventully, I may stop having the first one.

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Jools » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:01 am

Hiya Robert,

Thanx for sharing with us.
YA KNOW I DO NOT LIKE HAVING TO OWN A WRONG.. OR MAYBE BETTER YET ADMITTING I AM OUT OF LINE,TO ANOTHER.

I'm just the opposite because I don't want to be the Julie I was, THAT Julie will drink again. I know that staying sober is contingent on how thorough and honest I am and sometimes it aint purdy, but it helps me to grow (up). I don't want my self will or my character defects to block me off from God today.

Blessings to you!

Julie
Jools

Postby Jools » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:15 am

For me... it's shorter than that! The distance is the inches between my head and my heart... and the speed of thought is faster than the speed of light! My journey in life is one heart-beat and one-thought at a time! And, as long as I stay in this moment of understanding... I can experience the awareness of practicing a conscious presence of God, as I understand God. And, as long as I do that -- I'm with the Alpha and Omega... where there is no beginning and there is no end. I in Him and He in Me -- and In Him I live and walk and have my being... Therefore, I and Him and the Journey are One. Wink

Jim W. mentioned, the key above: Integrity. Integrity is acting, doing and being at one with the truth of "what is" -- To do this -- my head and my heart and my actions -- need to line-up in the same place -- at the same time -- honestly, within myself and with others -- just as if God is really present with me -- even during the times that I don't think He is around and that truth is not important.

Integrity is like a sledge-hammer on the Ego. It keeps it flat and straight to it's Higher Purpose.

I LOVE this, Dallas, especially the bit about the distance is the inches between the head and the heart.

Thanx!
Jools

Postby ROBERT » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:48 am

A NEW DAY......WHAT WILL OUR DECISIONS BRING ABOUT? FOR ME BEING JOYFUL IN THIS DAY HELPS ME WITH A GOOD POSITIVE ATTITUDE....LOOKING TO BRING THAT OUT IN OTHERS IS A JOY...TO SEE A FROWN TURN TO A SMILE, KNOWING HOW EACH ONE FEELS MYSELF,IS EMPOWERING FOR ME.LOVE-SERVICE IS OUR CODE,AN ACTION THAT HAS IT'S OWN REWARDS. HAVE A GREAT DAY FOLKS......ROBERT
ROBERT

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Wow ... look who got up on the knee side of the bed this morning!

Thanks, Robert. I believe I will !

"A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones."

"A kind word fittly spoken is like apples of gold on a silver platter."

"The joy of the Lord is my strength."

"THIS is THE day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Ok, I'll just quote me now - Things that give me joy:

"Kids should be heard and not hid."

"That's the voice of God ... laughing, screaming kids."

"I love kids. I wanna be one when I grow up." (I'm on my way) :P

Things I love about kids:

They're rigorously honest and can't help it.
Their eyes get huge when they see/learn something for the first time.
They instinctively enjoy humor, surprise, fun.
They're so bright and say new things from their own minds.
They unreluctantly accept and give love.
They laugh with their whole bodies.

Uh, oh. I'm growin' up. :lol:

Love,
Tim1
The happy alcoholic
tim-one

Postby ROBERT » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:05 am

good day everyone....sobriety is right now,this moment- enjoy right now and we will have a good day.....love-peace
ROBERT

Previous

Return to 12 Steps