- Getting my marbles back ?

Getting my marbles back ?

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Getting my marbles back ?

Postby ccs » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 pm

as of today I have had 1826 daily reprieves !! I was told by my first sponsor that at five years you start getting your marbles back
and at ten years you might start learning how to use them again :)

I`ve been sitting here reflecting whats different in my life and if my marbles are coming back ! since I came to the program
well lets see I have a relationship with GOD I dont wake up drunk or hungover anymore I trust and depend on GOD to provide the things I need and try to know the difference between want and need

I am aware today of my defects and not ashamed of them I know when they come up that I can ask for the strenght to change I know that I`m powerless over certain things and I`m not ashamed of that or to ask for help I TRY to think before I react or speak :o
I know what an inflated ego is and that I have the tools to deflate it when it tries to blow up again wich happens on ocassion :shock:

I have compassion and concern for others I know that GOD is at work in my life all the time!!

I know that I`m not perfect :shock: :shock:
I am a better Mother sister daughter friend employee I`m not running the show and we are all alot safer for that :D

am I happy all the time NO do I get what I want all the time NO is my life perfect NO but thats ok because today I have a loving caring GOD, the tools of the program & I have 12 steps to get me through any thing that comes my way today

I dont have to have a drink the obssesion has been removed
so whats changed in my life ME and my way of thinking
that may not sound like much to some people but to me Its nothing short of a Miracle !!!!!

as for the marbles I think I am getting them back when I start THINKING!
I hear somthing rolling around in there (my head) :lol: :lol:

LUV-2-ALL Cessie
ccs

Postby Dallas » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Hello Cessie!!! It's always great to hear from you!!! Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on your continuous sobriety!!!

Cessie wrote:I was told by my first sponsor that at five years you start getting your marbles back
and at ten years you might start learning how to use them again

My first sponsor -- and the guys in my Home Group used to tell me "Dallas, you'll be a newcomer for your first five years!!! But, don't worry... none of us expect that you'll ever come near to staying sober that long!" :lol:

Then, for every five years after that... they said "Well. Don't get any bright ideas... you'll still be a newcomer for the next five!"

After 20 years... I started to ask them "Okay... I already know... I'm still a newcomer... but... do you think I've gained even a tiny smidgen of maturity yet?" :oops:

Thankful, to God, AA, my sponsor, and many people just like you Cessie....... (And, of course... to you, too!) My life has totally changed for the better and the better and the better and the better!!!

Thanks for all that you've done for you... for AA, for me, for those who visit this forum... and for the countess others that come in contact with you! I, and many of us -- appreciate you and the example that you are for us!

Best wishes for today and for all the days that follow!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Happy, happy 5 yrs and one day! ( at a time! ) :D

It has been a joy and an inspiration to watch you grow. We are so blessed to have you share yourself with us, and to experience your beautiful heart and mind. You are truly precious! No jive! :P

I play marbles with my grandson all the time. At first, I lost all my marbles! :evil: Then, I learned the actions and moves to take to get them back & then some! I discovered that even though I was basically doing what everyone did, if I put my own personal spin on it by following my intuition, I got more marbles and had more fun even if I lost some.

I think what I'm trying to say is, even though we all need to take the same steps and work the same program of action, I found it was OK to be myself, and OK for others to be themselves, and we all got back the marbles we needed to be of service to God and others, and we have a heck of a time doing it.!

Wow! Where did THAT come from? Keep inspiring us Cessie! :D
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:44 am

Sunlight wrote:I discovered that even though I was basically doing what everyone did, if I put my own personal spin on it by following my intuition, I got more marbles and had more fun even if I lost some.

Hey Sun!! Great way of saying that! And... a VERY important suggestion! YOU inspire me too -- keep it up!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories