- I had a rough day today

I had a rough day today

Alcoholics and Addicts sharing their personal recovery story with us to help others who want to recover.

Postby ccs » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 am

GET WELL SOON BLIZZARD!!!!!!!

poor baby :cry: :cry: :cry:

it is very traumatic when a member of the family gets hurt
specially the ones that cant talk
ccs

Postby angel143 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:35 am

You all are so awesome. Thanks for caring so much about my doggie.

I took his bandage off this morning. He was happy about that. It looks ok. Just missing a nail. But I dont think he really uses that one a whole lot anyways. :)

He still has meds for another week, but is starting to get back to himself!.

SOOOOOOOO......................

Today is day 14 :D :D :D

Im so happy! I feel like I have gotten over a big hump. I realize I have many years of sobriety ahead of me....but in the last 2.5 years, I haven't gone this long without a drink!!!! YAY!!!

I decided last night watching the news that I picked a good time get sober. Lawmakers in my state Senate just decided that its ok to bring guns into bars!!! Oh my my my, with my opinionated mouth, id be shot in a heartbeat. :lol: :lol:

Have a great day all
H
angel143

Postby tim-one » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 am

AAAAAAOOOOOWWWW !!!! I KNOW that hurts.

My Buddy had done that a few times. He got it twisted in a blanket one time. Tore it holding his fluffy toy as he tore the stuffin' out of it. Bless his heart. He just wants to kill sumthin ... that's all.

So I've taken him to the vet often for a torn thumb spur. (I can tell you're a nurse knowing it's a thumb way up there. They walk on their finger-tips, ya know. :) )

The last time I took him in for something else, the vet (this one didn't know about his spur history) suggested that, while they have him sedated for whatever the reason was, they remove his spurs. He said many dogs, especially the friskier ones have trouble with them. It's not expensive to have them removed.

Just an idea. Makes sense to me. If they remove things that are good for sumthin', why shouldn't sumthin that's good for nuthin' be removed? :lol:

Glad Blizzard is ok. OOooooo ... I just got the mental picture. Yeah ... that's traumatic. You know how a little blood in the pool looks like a whole helluva lot. I bet that was sceery.

Thanks for the puppy update.

HAHahahahahaha ... Yes, Dallas, I said the Timmy thing a coupla times. I was Timmy when I was a kid. When I decided I was all growed up, I made everybody call me Tim. So I pretend I'm mad when I'm called Timmy. Come to find out ... I ain't that growed up like I thunk. :roll:

You can call me Timmy or you can call me Tim or you can call me Pops or you can call me Dufus, but don't call me late for a meeting. :wink:

Love y'all,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby angel143 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:43 am

nope, no way, never....there aint no one on here i could call pops!!! Mr.! hehe

Have a great one!
H
angel143

Previous

Return to Addiction Recovery Stories