- 6 months in the program

6 months in the program

Help for alcohol abuse addiction alcoholics who want to stay sober

6 months in the program

Postby cajunbam » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 am

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to toot my horn a bit and let you know that it is possible. I picked up my 6 month chip Saturday night, with my wife present. It was a very disappointing speaker meeting, but the few things that were heard was discussed with my wife and we have made some growth from it all. For one, I'll be a bit more cautious about which meetings I invite her too in the future. She doesn't connect and it's ok, because I don't think we could make it if we both had this disease. One thing that came out of it is that she realizes taht she has a few issues to deal with because of my disease and wants to talk to somebody with the same or very similar experience. We're praying that God puts that person in our path. Just for the record, my sobriety date is 3/22/09, but it took approximately 6 more months for this stubborn alcoholic to get to a meeting and pick up a white chip!!! :oops:

Peace,
Brian
cajunbam

Location: McDonough, GA - about 605.09 miles from Cajun Field

Postby Dallas » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Congratulations Brian!!!! As I was reading your sharing here, certain things about it... like the way you're doing with your sobriety date... and the other things about you, I was thinking of "this guys got it!" :wink:

We need you in the Fellowship to be an example! And, we need more like you. So???? That means we need you to be passing this deal off to other guys -- just like you got it!

Best regards, and best wishes for you in your continued sobriety!!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Bensober » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 am

Congrats Brian,
Ditto what Dallas said on the sober date. It added value to life when I realized how my "un-AA-treated" alcoholism had brought me back to meetings, sponsorship, and working the steps. This was twenty-one plus years (just dabbling with AA) followed by a relapse that took me & my back through the gates of hell and then back to heaven with you all. We get to stay in the middle of the pack today together my friend as we keep our heads, hands, and both feet in to just relax and allow AA to soak into us. What little time I have now is precious, sacred, and can truly be appreciated. Yes what a great way to honor your soberiety!
Bensober

Postby cajunbam » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 am

Thanks Dallas and Ben,

Yes, I am also sponsoring my first sponsee. We're on his Step 4 and I'm "re-doing" mine at the same time...He seems to be on a well-grounded path and has come a long way in 2 short months since attempting to take his own life. I've joined a home group, chairing & sharing at meetings, re-working the steps, making coffee, helping get set up and then cleaning up, staying for the meeting after the meeting when I can. It's a good life......

I like what you said about staying right in the middle of the pack. I read something someone posted once about the lions not eating the zebras in the middle of the pack, only the ones on the fringe. Yep, if you stay on the fringes long enough, you will get gobbled up......

Peace,
Brian
cajunbam

Postby butch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:51 am

Brian;
congrats also. is there a al-anon meeting that your wife could go to as this has helped my wife greatly and i have heard from others about the benefits of al-anon.
butch
butch

Postby cajunbam » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 pm

butch wrote:Brian;
congrats also. is there a al-anon meeting that your wife could go to as this has helped my wife greatly and i have heard from others about the benefits of al-anon.
butch

yep she's contemplating it now...... thx :D
cajunbam

Return to Help for alcoholics who want to stay sober