What is the AA Program?
The AA Program is one whole package -- that comes in FOUR parts. If you miss out on one of the parts -- you are missing out on the AA Program.
The Four Parts Which Make Up the -- AA Program
- The Book, Alcoholics Anonymous.
- The 12 Steps of AA
- The Fellowship
"The 12 Steps is the plan of recovery of Alcoholics Anonymous. This is mentioned in the Dr.'s Opinion, in the first section of the book, Alcoholics Anonymous, which has also become known as the Big Book, by AA Members.
"WE OF Alcoholics Anonymous believe that the reader will be interested in the medical estimate of the plan of recovery described in this book."
In the forward to the first edition of the Big Book, we read: "WE, OF Alcoholics Anonymous, are more than one hundred men and women who have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body. To show other alcoholics precisely how we have recovered is the main purpose of this book."
Recovery takes place as a result of an A.A. following the directions in the book Alcoholics Anonymous -- which will take the alcoholic through the AA 12 Steps of Recovery -- and enable them to discover a Power Greater than Their Self -- that can and will do for them -- what they have been unable to do for themselves.
The Program -- The 12 Steps -- is a Planned Sequence -- of Time-Sensitive -- Serial Actions -- To Produce A Final Result. The 12 Steps (Program) is a Recipe for Recovery. A recipe -- is to -- repeat a result!.
In a nutshell:
1. We have got to read the book and do our best to follow the instructions precisely, to the best of our efforts.
2. We MUST take the 12 Steps -- before we can begin to Practice the 12 Steps.
3. We MUST do something to participate with the Fellowship of AA -- other than just be an observer.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment and Recovery Information
- 20 Questions Test - Are you alcoholic? Take this test and then you decide.
- Addiction Addiction
- Medical Definition of an Alcoholic and Alcoholism
- Alcoholic Liver Disease ALD -- Do you know someone that you think drinks too much? What is one of the long-terms symptoms associated with alcohol abuse and alcoholism?
- Alcohol Poisoning — Is it true that it is very often fatal and can kill you?
- Alcoholic Self-Test using The Big Book — This study of the book Alcoholics Anonymous was used as the foundation for this test.
- What are Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms? Can you die withdrawing from alcohol? — Read this and get immediate medical attention for anyone suspected of having Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms!
- Doctors Opinion, Dr. Silkworth A.A. Doctors Opinion, Dr. Silkworth A.A.
- Emotional Sobriety Emotions produce euphoric and intoxicating effects. They can produce a sense of ease and comfort and contentment. They can also produce the opposite. When we are operating under the influence of our emotions verses the influence of our intelligence -- we are Emotionally Inebriate.
- Chapter 3 More About AlcoholismA portian of Chapter 3, More about alcoholism -- as read in many AA meetings in Southern California
- Rehab Glossary & Terms A Laymen's guide for the definition of words used in treatment centers rehab centers and recovery of alcoholics and drug addicts
- Treatment ProgramsNo single drug addiction or alcohol treatment approach works for everyone. This article and guide is to help you find an Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Program That Works For You